1. Who we are
We are The Mealplanner Technologies Oy, a Finnish med-tech company that creates software solutions for nutrition professionals and their clients. Our products include MyNutriPro, FoodToDo and MIRA.
As we are committed to transparency regarding the data we collect about you, how we use it and who it is shared with, we would like to provide you all the information you need.
2. Types of personal information we collect about you
As our platform is aimed at digitising your practice, we collect the following information about you and your clients: First and Last name; Company name of professional users; Contact data (postal address, e-mail address and telephone number); Gender; Birth Date; Professional users’ qualifications and career experience; Language preferences; Username and password; Start and end date of consultation period between nutrition professional and their client; Direct marketing preferences; Interests and any additional information volunteered by the customer; Dietetic information and other health and nutritional details required for the provision of services; Anthropometric information; Location data; Information on the use of our products and services; Payment information of professional users; Technical data sent to us by your digital devices (such as computers and mobile devices) as well as information related to cookies and other similar technologies; Recordings of customer service email correspondence and telephone conversations; Campaigns and promotions directed to the customer, as well as their use; Purchase history; Billing, delivery, returns and payment collection data (excluding bank account or credit card information unless needed for reimbursement purposes); Content, correspondence and consequences related to feedback and complaints.
3. How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information by contacting you directly during the course of business or when your register as a customer on our platform. You may give us your contact details or payment information for invoicing purposes when you place an order online, when you visit our stand at a trade event or when you correspond directly with us via post, phone, email or any other form of communication, (all of which are provided by you on a voluntary basis). This includes personal information you provide when you:
- subscribe to our products or publications
- create an account on our website
- request marketing information to be sent to you
- respond to our surveys
- provide us with some feedback on our products or services
- provide us with your contact details for us to assist you with using our products
- connect with us through LinkedIn
- interact with us at events and meetings
If you do not provide this information, you will not be able to interact or communicate with us or our services in the ways mentioned above.
4. How does The Mealplanner use personal information?
We process your personal information for the purposes listed below:
- Keeping you informed from time to time about the solutions we are developing for nutrition professionals like you. We are a small team on a big mission to empower every professional with the best solutions and knowledge on the market.
- Account setup and administration: We use your personal information such as your name, email and domain address, phone number, and additional information to set up and administer your account, provide technical and customer support and training.
- Personalisation of diet: In order to create personal diet plans, we use your client’s information regarding food preferences, allergies, medical conditions, cooking capability and availability.
- Hosted services: Some of our services provide data and document storage as an integral part of the product or solution offering. Documents and data stored by our customers may contain personal information and our access to this information is limited to The Mealplanner personnel with a critical business reason.
5. With whom do we share your personal information?
The MealPlanner only shares or discloses personal information when necessary to provide its services or conduct our business operations as described below. When we share personal information, we do so in accordance with our documented data privacy and security requirements. We may occasionally share non-personal, anonymised, and statistical data with third parties, including survey findings from our online consumer panels, employees and clients. Below are the parties with whom we may share your personal information and the reasons that we share that information.
|Accountancy services||Professional services (accountancy)|
|Legal advisers||Professional services (legal services)|
|Cloud storage providers||IT|
|IT support service providers||IT|
|Banks, payment processors and financial services providers||Financial|
|Financial Auditing Services||Financial|
|Official Tax Administration Offices||Government|
|Clinics/Medical Service Providers||Healthcare|
*The recipients mentioned above are based in the European Union.
6. Securing your personal information
The MealPlanner uses appropriate technologies, policies, processes and procedures to protect personal information. Our information security policies and procedures are closely aligned with widely accepted international standards and are reviewed and updated regularly to reflect changes in legislation and business needs.
All data is stored on a Google Cloud Platform which uses server-side encryption keys to encrypt stored data. This is the default method for Cloud Storage encryption and additional information can be found on Google’s Cloud Storage Documentation.
Our servers are located in Belgium and are compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
7. How long do we keep your data?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil our business requirements and service to you, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
8. Your rights
The EU’s GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and other applicable data protection laws provide you with rights over your personal information.
The MealPlanner respects your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact our Data Protection team by email at DataProtection@themealplanner.com .